FIND A CLUB
HALL OF FAME
Awards & Trophies
Nationally awarded trophies:
The Lancashire Trophy
The Lancashire Trophy shall be awarded annually to the best female walker during the calendar year who is eligible to represent any of the countries in the England Athletics territory.
The Edgar Horton Cup
- The Edgar Horton Cup shall be awarded annually for the best individual walking performance during the year by a member of an affiliated club who is eligible to represent any of the countries in the England Athletics territory.
- The Cup shall be awarded for the best performance at distances of 50k or over.
- The Award shall be decided annually at the first General Committee Meeting in the next calendar year.
- The Cup shall be presented annually on an occasion approved by the General Committee.
The International Trophy
- The Trophy shall be awarded annually for the most worthy individual performance on road or track in International competition where the representatives are nominated by U.K.Athletics, England Athletics or the Race Walking Association during the calendar year by a member of an affiliated club.
- The Award shall be decided annually at the first General Committee meeting in the next calendar year.
- The Trophy shall be presented annually on an occasion approved by the General Committee.
The Ken Smith Memorial Trophy
- The Ken Smith Memorial Trophy is established as a lasting memorial to the contribution to Race Walking made by Ken Smith.
- The award shall be made annually for the best performance by a young athlete (i.e., under 20, male or female) at a National Championship, Area Championship or International. Performances on road and track shall be considered but only in Category A races. The winner shall be determined by the R.W.A. General Committee.
by Mark Easton